× Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Savvycan/QT install help

• VK_Technician
  • VK_Technician's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 2 months ago #342 by VK_Technician
Savvycan/QT install help was created by VK_Technician
Hello all,

I'm new to C ++/code but familiar with CAN Bus. I've downloaded and installed the latest version of QT, QT 6.0 and and I have the source code for Savvycan as well. I'm using windows 10. I've searched everywhere for a definitive explanation on how to create/install Savvycan with QT. The compiling instructions are slightly vague for me. I'm not sure if these instructions are for Linux/Ubuntu or Mac, as I have no idea where to input this info for win10. It looks like command prompt scripting but different. If anyone can help guide me through this, I would greatly appreciate it, again I'm not familiar with programming so please forgive my lack of understanding.

Thanks VK
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago #343 by collink
Replied by collink on topic Savvycan/QT install help
Unfortunately, you probably cannot compile SavvyCAN with QT6.0. They decided to release QT6 before they had converted all the various support libraries and the SerialBus library isn't there yet. So, compiling will fail. You need QT5.15 instead.

On Windows 10 you want Visual Studio 19 and QT 5.15 making sure to install the QSerialBus stuff and MSVC2019 version of QT. Then you ought to be able to use QTCreator to open the .PRO file and have it compile the project for you.

One of these days I will try to get the automatic windows builds working again. Then you wouldn't have to compile it yourself if you weren't modifying anything.

Or, if you're OK with a slightly older version, there are Windows builds for some of the older commits. It just broke a while back so the more recent commits don't have attached windows builds.
The following user(s) said Thank You: VK_Technician

More
3 years 2 months ago #344 by collink
Replied by collink on topic Savvycan/QT install help
Also, I just fixed the continuous builds for Windows so the latest continuous build should now always have a Windows build attached to it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: VK_Technician

• VK_Technician
  • VK_Technician's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 2 months ago #348 by VK_Technician
Replied by VK_Technician on topic Savvycan/QT install help
Great! Thank you so much for that. Now it makes since. I downloaded the MSVC19 but wasn't sure where to go after that. I'll definitely try the QT5.15 this evening and report back.

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds