× Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

New to SavvyCAN

• JMayorga
  • JMayorga's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago #198 by JMayorga
New to SavvyCAN was created by JMayorga
Hello! Glad to have found SavvyCAN. I am using in conjunction with the M2 it to monitor the canbus on my 2016 KTM motorcycle.

I am having a slight issue. I was able to get everything connected, but I can only get about a second of data captured/display before loss of connection. It doesn't notify me of any connection loss, just the fps go to zero. I can reopen the connection settings and hit reconnect to get another burst, but it won't sustain. Has anyone else had this issue? This is on Windows 10.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #199 by collink
Replied by collink on topic New to SavvyCAN
No, but let's try to figure out what it could be. Have you tried different USB cords? It's probably not the answer but it pays to give it a try.

Usually if I get an issue like you're getting it is actually noise from the vehicle. I get this a lot with electric cars where the very strong electromagnetic interference from an electric motor can blast the CAN hardware and lock it up. So, how are you connecting to the CAN bus? Is there an OBDII port on motorcycles? Do you have the under the hood M2? Have you twisted the CAN wires if you had to run new wires to hook up to? Can you move the M2 farther away from EMI sources?

• JMayorga
More
5 years 4 months ago #200 by JMayorga
Replied by JMayorga on topic New to SavvyCAN
I haven't tried a new usb cable, but I will do so tonight. I am using the UTD version. There isn't a large electric motor near the diagnostic port and the m2 is outside the bike connected to my laptop. I have an obd2 to diagnostic conversion cable. My motorcycle only has a 6-pin diagnostic port that only uses 4 pins, can high, can low, 12v and ground.

I have a theory that it may require a constant query to receive data, but I am not certain.

• JMayorga
More
5 years 4 months ago #201 by JMayorga
Replied by JMayorga on topic New to SavvyCAN
It was the usb cable. Everything works as it should. Thanks! Can confirm for those wondering this works on 2016 KTM superduke 1290.

Time to create page: 0.045 seconds